Junior Hurling Update
(23rd March)If your Son has been selected for the school Junior Hurling Panel he will have received a note from Mr Furlong. As it may be his and your first foray into our school’s Organised Sport we will endeavor to give as much information prior to the season starting. Our official league games will be on 5 Tuesdays 21/4, 28/4 a gap for our Midterm week, 12/5, 19/5, and 26/5. Prior to this each Monday we will be training, dependent on availability on either Coláiste Éanna’s pitches or Sancta Maria from 2:40-3:30. All of the above are subject to change due to adverse wet Weather or a changing Pitch. A text will be sent in the event of a cancellation.
Junior HurlingAfter weeks of indoor practice Hurling moves OUTDOORS from Next Monday March 2nd and each Monday thereafter. It will take place in Coláiste Éanna from 2.40pm to 3.30pm. (If the pitch is not available it will move to the All Weather pitch in Sancta Maria) For the moment all the boys can train and over the next 2 weeks Mr Furlong will select and publish the names that make the final panel. There are no matches scheduled as yet but once they have been decided the boys will be "told" and details will be posted on this page. The boys need to ensure the following;-
- That they convey the message given to them from Mr Furlong accurately
- That they bring Hurley, Helmet & boots
- That they bring extra Lunch and an extra drink.
- getting the information from Mr McDonnell & Mr Furlong,
- relaying the information accurately to their parents
- remembering to bring in their Hurley, helmet and boots!
CROKE PARK HERE WE COME!